Tuesday, August 7, 2007

If we bomb them enough, they'll lose any ill-will towards us

Wow, I missed this one: Tom Tancredo recently reiterated his calls to nuke Mecca and/or Medina.
Last week, Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) reiterated his call for bombing Muslim holy sites as a "deterrent" against terrorist strikes on the U.S. homeland. "If it is up to me, we are going to explain that an attack on this homeland of that nature would be followed by an attack on the holy sites in Mecca and Medina," he said in Iowa.

"This shows that we mean business," said Bay Buchanan, a senior Tancredo adviser. "There's no more effective deterrent than that."

...

For his part, Tancredo is refusing to back down. At last weekend's debate, he responded, "Boy, when [the State Department] starts complaining about things I say, 'I feel a lot better about the things I say,' I'll tell you right now."

No comments: