Tuesday, January 6, 2004

In Babylon 5, the main questions asked throughout the series are "Who are you?" and "What do you want?" I've got a fair grasp on the first, but the latter... I don't know. I realized it, I think, when Henry asked me what I wanted to do over the rest of break. Obviously, I want to get the DVD set of the fourth season of B5, but beyond that, what sort of things do I want to do? What do I want to be? What do I want from life?

I have no idea.

I think I could be a programmer, but is that what I want? I get mad very easily when I can't solve something, and frankly I know very little about computers. Do I want to have kids in the future, be married? I can't see either of those happening, but do I want them? Do I even want a girlfriend, or more friends, or to be more outgoing and social? I just don't know. I don't seem to have any desires beyond making my friends happy.

No comments: