Monday, May 5, 2008

Life imitates art


A scene from Simpsons is particularly relevant:
Moe: *spray-painting a sign that reads UNITED STATES FOR UNITED STATESIANS* You know what really aggravateses me? It's dem immigants. Dey want all the benefits of livin' in Springfield, but they ain't even bothered to learn themselves the language.

Homer: *painting a sign that says HOMER SAY "GET OUT!"* Yeah! Those are exactly my sentimonies!

Barney: *incoherent, drunken vocalizations*

Moe: Ah, you said it, Barn.

Via Orcinus.

4 comments:

Charles CĂ©leste Hutchins said...

I'm missing the grammar error on the sign, however, I have boxer shorts made out of the same fabric as that shirt.

Probably that's sharing too much.

Skemono said...

You have boxer shorts made out of American flags?

You know, if they ever pass that constitutional amendment to outlaw desecrating the flag, you might be in trouble.

Metro said...

Only if there are skidmarks, surely? I mean, wrapping one's genitals in the flag seems more like a Republican political strategy than desecration.

Skemono said...

I mean, wrapping one's genitals in the flag seems more like a Republican political strategy than desecration.
I don't see these as mutually exclusive. But if they pass that law, they should be damn specific about what constitutes "desecration".