Monday, March 24, 2008

Not that those of you who read this blog even know about this

Richard Dawkins has a review of Expelled up. My favorite bit is probably this:
[Ben] Stein has no talent for comedy, as he demonstrates in a weird joke about scratching his back, which falls completely flat.

Well, we already knew that about Stein. But there's more:
But his attempt to do tragedy is even worse. He visits Dachau and, when informed by the guide that lots of Jews had been killed there, he buries his face in his hands as though this is the first time he has heard of it.

It sounds like it's not only a disgusting "Darwin was a Nazi!" propaganda piece, but a truly abominable piece of film-making as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read your blog (and love it) AND I knew about this, because I read Pharyngula too. Yay me!

Skemono said...

I keep thinking that the only person who reads this is my brother, who doesn't follow Pharyngula.

Ah well. Glad to see you're sticking around.