Thursday, March 23, 2006

I love it.

From a comment at filkertom's journal, I find this wonderful cartoon:



And that post of filkertom's was inspired by markbernstein, who got it from supergee, who got it from anne_jumps. This viral piece of news is also related to Senator Napoli, who said that there should be no thoughts of abortion in the case of "simple rape".

As you can imagine, this didn't go over too well:

The President of the Oglala Sioux Tribe on the Pine Ridge Reservation, Cecilia Fire Thunder, was incensed. A former nurse and healthcare giver she was very angry that a state body made up mostly of white males, would make such a stupid law against women.

"To me, it is now a question of sovereignty," she said to me last week. "I will personally establish a Planned Parenthood clinic on my own land which is within the boundaries of the Pine Ridge Reservation where the State of South Dakota has absolutely no jurisdiction."

No comments: