Saturday, February 18, 2006

Frodo/Sam is my OTP

I just noticed this passage at the beginning of chapter 10 of book 5 of the Lord of the Rings:

On the near side of [Frodo] lay, gleaming on the ground, his elven-blade, where it had fallen useless from his grasp. Sam did not wait to wonder what was to be done, or whether he was brave, or loyal, or filled with rage. He sprang forward with a yell, and seized his master's sword in his left hand. Then he charged. No onslaught more fierce was ever seen in the savage world of beasts; where some desperate small creature armed with little teeth alone, will spring upon a tower of horn and hide that stands above its fallen mate.


Tolkien compared Sam and Frodo to an animal and its mate. If that's not slash-y, I don't know what is.

...

I'd say scans_daily has corrupted me, but then I remember that I did this.

On the plus side, at least now I know that Sam is left-handed.

No comments: