Thursday, October 6, 2005

An article about Phillip Johnson, someone who doesn't believe HIV causes AIDS, has this quip:

He went on to say that one of the major flaws of the theory of evolution is that it excludes the possibility of divine intervention within the creation of living organisms.


To which P.Z. Myers says:

As for the exclusion of divine intervention, that's true enough, but is not a flaw. Science tries to restrict itself to the observable and the testable. God is neither. As soon as the IDists manage to scrape up some evidence for their designer, we'll use it. Personally, I'd like nothing better than to strap an angel down, take some dental drills to its skull, clamp it into a stereotaxic, and start diddling about in its divine cerebrum. But then I have a rather sadistic attitude towards religious concepts.


That makes me think of Amrit: "It's gorgeous! I think I'll dissect it."

No comments: